Museum Project Manager of SHEKOU DESIGN MUSEUM
Hong Kong Federation of Design Associations
The project manager is responsible for developing and implementing the detailed schedule leading to the opening of the Shekou Design Museum and coordinating the input from various colleagues across the Museum and across CMG to ensure the smooth delivery of the over-all project on time and budget. S/he will work closely with the V&A Shekou Project Manager and the Head of the V&A Gallery at Shekou to ensure the smooth development and delivery of the V&A Gallery at Shekou.
The project manager will report to the Director of the Shekou Design Museum.
1. To co-ordinate the planning and implementation of all components leading to the opening of the Shekou Design Museum, and to manage the constraints of the overall project time, costs, scope and quality.
2. To work closely with colleagues across the museum, as well as with relevant colleagues in CMG and partner institutions. To ensure works related to building design, construction, museum partners, budget, loan negotiation and agreements, insurance, transport and installations develop smoothly. To keep proper records on development of the project.
3. To lead and manage the overall project delivery, scheduling meetings and liaising with internal and external members of the team. To ensure the smooth execution of the project, and facilitate the maintenance of good relationships internally and externally with all contributors and stakeholders.
4. To provide the overall administrative support for the Shekou Design Museum, contributing to practical arrangements such as travel provisions. To contribute to scheduling the operation process for the Shekou Design Museum.
5. To prepare and monitor the overall project schedule and other schedules as required and monitor the project budget to ensure it is completed on time and to budget.
- Proven interest in and experience of project managing exhibitions and/or museum galleries projects and/or other large-scale international museum projects.
- Excellent proven project management, administrative and organizational skills. Able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously whilst observing best practice and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both in Mandarin Chinese and English, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team and to manage a range of relationships. Proven diplomacy, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to show initiative and identify problems in advance of crisis, and propose workable solutions.
- Have a flexible and positive approach to all aspects of the job. Ability to remain calm and deal courteously with people whilst working under pressure.
- Self-motivator who can work well as part of a team and with a wide range of people, and when necessary lead and motivate a team.
- Proficient in the use of word processing and database packages such as Word, Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Experience of working with fine art and design transport agents and exhibition designers.
- Experience of working on international collaborative projects.
How to apply
First interview dates: 18-19 June 2015
Deadline: the call of applications is open until filled
Start date: as soon as possible
Application: the candidates are requested to send a CV, cover letter (in English and Chinese) and the names of two referees to Ms Yuan Man at firstname.lastname@example.org